Pipefitter Helper IV
Company: Brown & Root
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping
systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and
pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for
steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and
production and processing systems.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and
equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders,
according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and
activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting
torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and
pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or
cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers,
using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning
systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and
hydraulic controls and piping,
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and
observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing
facility to detect machinery malfunctions. May operate machinery to
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and
work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines,
figures and objects.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with 2-3 years
of experience in the field or a related area. Works under immediate
supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require
exercising independent judgment. Ability to follow instructions and
complete tasks in a timely, safe and efficient manner. Typically
reports to a Foreman or other direct supervisor.
a. Standing 60% Walking 20% Sitting 20%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly
Brown & Root Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin,
veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
BENEFITS: Brown and Root offers a selection of competitive
lifestyle benefits which include a 401K plan with company match,
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible
spending account, disability, paid time off, and flexible work
schedule. We support career advancement through professional
training and development.
Keywords: Brown & Root, Baton Rouge , Pipefitter Helper IV, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!