Process Equipment Upgrade Specialist - Remote (USA)
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 22, 2023
At Getinge we have the passion to perform
Join our diverse teams of passionate people and a career that
allows you to develop both personally and professionally. At
Getinge, our passion is to secure that every person and community
have access to the best possible care, offering hospitals and life
science institutions products and solutions that aim to improve
clinical results and optimize workflows. Every day we collaborate
to make a true difference for our customers - and to save more
Are you looking for an inspiring career? You just found it.
Upgrade Specialist Overview:
Provide product lifecycle support through the application of
exceptional technical expertise during the design and execution of
upgrade projects related to Life Science equipment. The job
function includes, but is not limited to, equipment evaluation,
upgrade design, generating component lists, implementation,
equipment testing, customer training, and generating preliminary
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Based upon design criteria, assemble/manufacture upgrade kit,
i.e. control system, SMC banks, etc.
- Assemble component specifications documentation and submit to
- Order components through internal and external means.
- Field management of projects related to sourcing material,
customer commitments to start and completion dates, closeout
- Demo and tear down of equipment
- Construction of electrical cabinets
- Construct or replace piping systems, pneumatic systems and
field wiring of devices
- Modify or replace equipment fascia
- Download and install revised software package, and assist
programmer with debugging.
- Trouble shoot newly upgraded equipment
- Perform I/O testing
- Perform system testing
- Execute test cycle runs and verify all process are running as
- Generate red-line drawings, component lists, and submit to
- Generate closeout documentation.
- Perform customer training/demonstration.
- Provide training assistance to service organization, as
- Execute equipment service, maintenance, and installation, as
- Support the service organization with issue evaluation and
resolution, as required.
- Provide technical assistance to service organization, as
- Promote company products and services.
- Maintain expenses within guidelines and limits established by
- Accurately prepare and submit all required reports in a timely
- Other activities as the need arises
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated hands-on field technical
experience, including ability to apply technical expertise and make
judgements regarding systems and equipment of considerable
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of industry electrical norms
- Ability to wire switches, devices, power supplies, and control
systems as per electrical drawings
- Knowledge of industry piping and engineering norms
- Understanding of control systems, CPU, I/O, User Panels, and
- Ability to use control system software for downloading, and
viewing of program data
- Ability to read and understand detailed electrical and
- Process knowledge of sterilizers and washers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Intermediate skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat,
CAD software, etc.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, and ability
to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
- PACS and AB software knowledge.
- Travel requirements: Around 80% overnight travel with weekend
travel required at times.
- Must to be able to wear required personal protective
- Must be able to complete series of inoculations when
- May work extended hours based upon project
- Physical requirements such as lifting specific weights > 70+
Salary range: $36.00- $45.00 p/hr., depending upon experience and
Company Vehicle Provided
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Getinge is on an excitingtransformation journey constantly looking
for new ways to innovate together with our customersto meet the
healthcare challenges of the future. We are committed to diversity,
equity and inclusion and to sustainability with a goal to beCO2
neutral by 2025.We believe in giving our employees the flexibility
they need and make every effort to foster a learning culture that
supportstheirpersonal development andcreativity.Our
passionatepeople hold our brand promise 'Passion for Life' close to
world,thenwelook forwardtoreceivingyourapplication and resume. We
hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most
respected and trusted medtech company.
Keywords: Getinge, Baton Rouge , Process Equipment Upgrade Specialist - Remote (USA), Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!