AVP, IT Software Delivery Moen - Baton Rouge
Company: UNUM Group
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 23, 2019
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and
looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry
thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading
employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain
affordable access to benefits that help them protect their
families, their finances and their futures. Are you an asker of
questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status
quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience
and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any
company not just insurers. We are seeking individuals to join our
team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion
and an unwavering focus on our customer experience.Team members
comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused
environment thrive in our environment where we value an
entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo. Unum
is changing, and were excited about whats next. Join us. General
Summary: Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance
to multiple agile and/or infrastructure and operations teams that
support various business and technical capabilities, services, or
functional areas of IT. They focus on implementation and delivery
aspects, by leveraging technology or technical capabilities to
enable, enhance or transform business capabilities or services.
They are instrumental in the implementation of the portfolio
roadmap and ongoing portfolio management activity, taking into
consideration technical, financial and people resources for
successful execution and delivery. They develop and cultivate both
IT and business partner relationships and effectively communicate
and execute IT plans in support of the IT or business goals and
objectives. Qualification Requirements:
- Microsoft Programming experience in C#, VB.NET, SQL, ASP.NET,
- Leadership and Budget skills in Agile/Scrum experience, KPI
development, strategic goal implementation/experience
- Proven leadership in executing IT plans successfully that
enable technical or business capabilities and address technology or
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean/Service Management
- Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encouraging others
to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be
proactive and resourceful.
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge and skills in one or more
functions, technologies or industries.
- Able to apply broad business and technology understanding of
internal and external trends and capabilities, to ensure successful
implementation of IT plans.
- Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change
that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the
- Demonstrates a capacity for strategic and critical
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that
gives them confidence in their intentions and those of the
- Demonstrates depth of IT knowledge with a diverse technical
experience; is seen as execution and delivery focused.
- Strong knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices
- Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective
benefits management, demonstrates the ability to make and take
responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major
technical and service delivery issues.
- Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills, and
the capability to listen and influence. Principal Duties and
- Leads functional areas of IT to build, enhance, transform, or
support technology and/or business services by successfully
delivering on outcomes.
- Engages in strategic planning with business and IT stakeholders
to provide direction, guidance or recommendations on technology and
- Defines a portfolio of change and roadmap. Engages and
influences IT and business leaders to ensure the portfolio will
deliver agreed business objectives.
- Collaborates with IT leadership across various disciplines,
provides guidance, direction or recommendations to address a wide
range of business and technology needs with emphasis on optimized,
timely and successful delivery.
- In collaboration with the IT VP, initiates and influences
relationships with and between key stakeholders involved in the
management and implementation of IT plans, acts as a point of
contact for stakeholders, planners, designers, and operational
- Applies innovative methods utilizing IT assets and capabilities
in alignment with the organizations strategic direction and
- Highly proficient in applying knowledge of ITs technology
framework(s), technical environment, and cross-organizational IT
functions in technical choices for a variety of large, strategic
- In partnership with practice leaders, drives application of the
companys technical and architectural roadmap objectives.
- Leverages deep understanding of IT, emerging technologies, and
technical capabilities to guide and influence stakeholders and
teams in developing solutions, build, deployment, testing and
ongoing management of IT services.
- Ensures capability deliveries are aligned across business
functions and within multiple agile and/or operational teams for
execution and delivery success.
- In support of the management team, takes bold action to ensure
a strong, diverse talent and leadership pipeline is in place to
meet aggressive business goals. Develops, coaches and engages
people to higher levels of performance.
- Understands the needs of a self-organizing team
(cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative,
works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be
able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management
activities that make self-organization successful.
- For Infrastructure teams, oversees the development and
execution of test plans to check infrastructure and systems
technical performance. Reports on findings and makes
recommendations for improvement.
- For Agile teams, ensures that the scrum team(s) apply the best
software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test
driven development, peer reviews, continuous integration and
deployment practices, unit and regression test automation,
comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to standards,
comprehensive definition of done, team retrospectives, etc.
- Understands patterns and trends that contribute to utilizing
key performance indicators and critical success factors that will
improve the performance of the organization.
- Develops influential relationships with internal and external
partners and vendors at the senior management level, including
industry leaders. #LI-LR1 -IN1 Our company is built on helping
individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We
want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we
provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in
themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid
time off to employee professional development programs, we are
committed to helping employees live and work their best both inside
and outside the office. Unum is an equal opportunity employer,
considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring,
placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race,
color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information,
military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Company:
Keywords: UNUM Group, Baton Rouge , AVP, IT Software Delivery Moen - Baton Rouge, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!