Teradata DBA - 6+ month contract - HIRE OVER PHONE
Company: Atlantic Partners
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Our direct client is seeking for a Teradata DBA to work in their
Baton Rouge, LA location. This is a 6+ month contract opportunity
with possible extensions. The ideal candidate MUST HAVE SOLID &
RECENT Healthcare industry expertise along with Workload management
experience with Teradata database version 14 or higher. The client
will hire over the phone however the consultant should be able to
relocate at their own expense to Baton Rouge, LA and work onsite 5
days a week. (NO REMOTE/TELECOMMUTE) We can work on C2C or W2. The
client does not provide a range so please provide your desire
range. If you are interested in this role please email your resume
to including contact information, current location, visa status and
rate. We don't disclose the name of the client unless we are
submitting the candidate.
Title: Teradata Data Warehouse Administrator - Contract Position
Type: Contract Location: Baton Rouge, LA, United States
- Under minimal direction, the Advisory Data Warehouse
Administrator participates in all phases of data warehouse and
business intelligence solution design and development, including
requirements gathering, database design and source to target
mapping, ETL development, testing and documentation.
- He/she interacts with the development team and promotes the
business value of the project from the requirements phase through
- Responsible for providing day-to-day operational support for
the development, test and production database environments.
- This position interacts with the operational team and promotes
business value to ensure high availability, reliability,
scalability, backup, recoverability and performance of the
- Complies with all laws and regulations associated with duties
and responsibilities. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Four
years related experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in database
administration. Technical Skills:
- Experience with design using Massively Parallel Processing
(MPP) platform in data marts and/or data warehouses preferred.
- Experience with Teradata platform preferred
- Workload management experience with Teradata database version
14 or higher is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of data modeling (conceptual,
logical and physical schemas).
- Must have conceptual knowledge of data warehouse and ETL
architectures, concepts and technologies.
- Participation in upgrading Teradata appliance (hardware and
software) a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher and
database technologies and structures. preferred.
- Healthcare experience is a plus Accountabilities and Essential
- Collaborates with the Integration Architect and Sr. Integration
- Ensures that integration processes use the most efficient and
optimal methods in loading and maintaining data for the Data
Integration and EDW databases while leveraging in house database
tools, ensuring that physical database design follows best
practices for the database platform.
- Analyzing and operationalizing ETL/Data Integration
- Utilizes such requirement plans to create integration solutions
supporting the application development efforts that provide systems
- Refining information architectures and complex data models as
well as the modification and implementation of database
- Integration solutions built around these models to support
- Responsible for performance tuning and analysis of table and
query distribution management, aggregate join index and
materialized views, providing guidance and recommendation
concerning data distribution, indexing and summary table
- Responsible for supporting modelers and development teams in
the execution and testing of DDLs, creating physical structures,
applying indexing as appropriate.
- Collaborates with infrastructure staff to ensure smooth and
reliable operation of Data warehouse platform and services for
fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Responsible for query distribution utilization analysis;
workload management; performance monitoring; platform/database
- Participate in the design of the atomic, semantic and access
- Understands and stays current on capabilities of the data
warehouse platform and works to obtain optimal performance.
- Acts as advisor and overseer of the promotion of models and DDL
into development, test, and production environments.
- Promotes best practices for data warehouse platform, scripting,
performance tuning, data modeling, design, development, and
documentation based on corporate policies, industry best practices,
and customer-based business requirements. Responsible for the
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining all EDW
- Administering authentication, object permissions, and
- Planning, controlling and monitoring storage for all EDW
- Maintaining source control of database objects.
Keywords: Atlantic Partners, Baton Rouge , Teradata DBA - 6+ month contract - HIRE OVER PHONE, Other , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!