Company: ISCO Industries
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: October 10, 2020
Fabricates and assembles polyethylene pipe (HDPE) to create a
variety of customized structures such as; fittings, valves, T s, Y
s, elbows, aqua-shields, geothermal vaults, manholes, dual
containment units, pumps, gas aeration lines and similar structures
that meet customer specifications by performing the following
- Reads and interprets blueprints, product drawings and pic
ticket orders to determine materials, tools and equipment needed to
- Fabricates and assembles product per specifications.
- Follows quality control procedures to ensure fabricated product
meets customer specifications.
- Maintains accurate records of materials used on ticket ;
locates and pulls required materials in inventory.
- Maintains clean work area and equipment; follows safety
procedures concerning use of equipment and materials to maintain
safe working conditions.
- Operates ISCO s fusion and fast fusion equipment, cranes and
- Utilizes a variety of hand tools, saws and cutting
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Base Qualifications and Competencies
Education, Training and Experience- High School diploma or GED;
working knowledge of tools used in: welding, fusing, cutting, and
measuring; working knowledge of carpentry and hand tools; ability
to read and interpret safety rules, operation, maintenance and
procedures manuals, and ability to read/interpret
blueprints/drawings for fabrication; ability to understand/perform
basic math functions of plane geometry, fractions, percentages and
ratios; ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical
and diagram form; proficient in use of business email and an
understanding of basic internet usage.
Position requires forklift experience. Prior fabrication experience
and fusion qualification preferred.
Quality & Quantity- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks
for ways to improve and promote the effectiveness of fabrication
operations; Audits own work to ensure quality and accuracy;
demonstrates attention to detail. Completes work in timely manner;
Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly and with
Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to complete work;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities to meet
deadlines; Uses time efficiently.
Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves fabrication problems in a
timely manner to ensure on-time delivery of product to customer;
Anticipates and plans for potential delays in fabrication; Develops
Teamwork & Professionalism- Balances team and individual
responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to
building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own
interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Treats others
with respect and consideration regardless of their status or
position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Medium Work: Occasionally exerting up to 50 pounds of force; and
regularly exerting 10 pounds of force to move objects. Regularly
required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Frequent
stooping, crouching, reaching, and walking are required. Frequent
talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are
While performing this job the individual is frequently exposed to
moving mechanical parts and fumes/airborne particles; and
occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extremes of
cold/heat, humid conditions or work in high precarious places. The
work environment exposes individual to loud noises from moving
equipment and machines.
- HDPE Experience - Novice
- Variety of Hand Tools Experience - Advanced
- Read product drawings - Some Knowledge
- Measuring Skills - Advanced
- Lift 50 lbs repeatedly - Intermediate
- Fusion Experience - Some Knowledge
- Forklift Experience - Novice
- Fabrication Experience - Some Knowledge
- Blueprint Reading - Some Knowledge
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that
your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: ISCO Industries, Baton Rouge , Fabricator, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!