Intramural Site Manager - IE
Company: James Madison University
Posted on: February 23, 2021
College/Division Wellness, Orientation and Multicultural
Engagement Department 300034 - University Recreation (UREC) Pay
Rate Hourly Specify Range or Amount $8.75 - $9.25 General
Information Attendance and active involvement at New Hire and
Common (August) Training sessions mandatory.
Attendance and active involvement at staff meetings and in-service
training as required.
Average hours per week* (including finals week): 8-12 hours per
*Work during break sessions may be a requirement of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Site Managers will operate all areas
in a safe manner.
2. Site Managers will operate all areas in accordance with UREC
policies and procedures.
3. Site Managers will conduct captain's meetings, officials
training clinics and program presentation as needed.
4. Site Managers will assist in the programming of Intramural
5. Site Managers will employ principles of a First Responder
6. Site Managers will maintain accurate records of all activities
for historical purposes.
7. Site Managers will evaluate all officials and crew chiefs of
their performance on a nightly basis.
8. Demonstrate knowledge and application of the UREC Service
9. Demonstrate knowledge and application of the UREC Policies and
10. Completion of the Student Leadership Series (1st year as a
manager/leader) to remain in good standing for
11. Continued professional development planning with supervisor
(after completion of the Student Leadership Series) to remain in
good standing for rehire/recommendations. Qualifications One year
experience as Team Sport official, preferred
American Red Cross First Aid, CPR - PR, AED , Blood Borne Pathogen
Training Conditions of Employment Students must be degree-seeking
students, enrolled on at least a half-time basis (6 credits for
undergraduate and 5 credits for graduate). Posting Date 02/04/2021
Beginning Review Date Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Proposed
Starting Date 02/16/2021 EEO Statement James Madison University is
an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting
a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free
of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate
discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation or veteran status. We promote access, inclusion and
diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and
programs, believing that these qualities are foundational
components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission.
The university is interested in candidates whose experience and
qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact
the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991. Reasonable
Accommodation Request If you are a student with a disability and
need assistance please contact the Office of Disability Services at
(540) 568-6705 or email@example.com . You may also visit the
Office of Disability Services, located in the Student Success
Center, Suite 1202 and they will be happy to assist you. Annual
Security and Annual Fire Safety Report Please list any/all sports
you have experience playing and/or refereeing. Documents Needed to
Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume Optional Documents Supplemental Questions Required
fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * For which academic term(s) are you applying (i.e. Fall,
Spring, Summer, and/or first four weeks of Summer term)? (Open
Keywords: James Madison University, Baton Rouge , Intramural Site Manager - IE, Professions , Harrisonburg, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!