Commercial HVAC Technician - Baton Rouge, LA
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including
Trane - and Thermo King -, we create innovative climate solutions
for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's
possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look
at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We
believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our
people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Why Trane Technologies Is The Best Company for HVAC Field
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, uniforms, and smart phone
Job Summary:This role is the primary service and maintenance
contact for Trane Technologies customers in a defined market with a
diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing
Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will
be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC
systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task
you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe
fitting, and mechanical layouts.This position affords you the
opportunity to work with internal and external partners ranging
from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Trane
affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading
manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on
newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity
- Coordinates with team leader/project manager and customer to
precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and
repairs by forecasting issues, gathering materials and
synchronizing on-site work.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for products and equipment on assigned
projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, diagnosing
and repairing equipment and systems at customer's location.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety
of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications,
to diagnose and repair units.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial HVAC. Technical School or
formal training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving
or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification
Additional Requirements and Environmental Exposure:
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders.
It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs.,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30"
vertical x 45" horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15' to 20', and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on location
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Baton Rouge , Commercial HVAC Technician - Baton Rouge, LA, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!