Distribution Center Senior Associate
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture
retailer in North America, has an immediate opening for a
Distribution Center Senior Associate. The ideal candidate will
ensure all merchandise that is displayed and sold by the store is
assembled and in perfect condition with complete customer
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Opportunity for advancement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
* Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Knowledge of all unpacking, prep, assembly procedures and
specifications required to properly prepare all merchandise in the
company's product lines.
* Ensure the company objective of total customer satisfaction is
achieved by guaranteeing all merchandise is in perfect
* Unload inbound product.
* Ability to locate merchandise in designated shipping bays for
* Responsible for repackaging all returned, pulled, repaired or
return to vendor merchandise prior to relocation into racks.
* Service customers by assuming all aspects of warehouse customer
pickups, including unpacking, inspection, meeting customers,
payment and loading.
* Must be able to safely maneuver furniture on a two-wheel dolly
without the aid of another person.
* Cleaning and organizing.
* Assist with various warehouse tasks when needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma required.
* Previous distribution center experience required
* Ability to communicate in the English language in both speech and
* Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through
* Demonstrates a customer focus.
* Ability to safely move up to 50 lbs or more with assistance.
* Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift.
* Ability to use a two wheeler.
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently.
* Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate
* Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to
adjust focus to read reports, view computer screen, etc.
* Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with
* Must be able to speak so that others will be able to
* Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of
* Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with both hands to
handwriting, office/POS equipment and handheld equipment
* Will remain on one's feet in an upright position and move about
* Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above
* Will lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. or more with
assistance; transport loads of up to 100 lbs or more.
* Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; occasional
new retail locations under construction. Potential exposure to oil,
latex, and spray paint, household chemicals,
biological odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley
Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by
Keywords: DSG, Baton Rouge , Distribution Center Senior Associate, Professions , Gonzales, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!