Environmental Field Technician - Scientist
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The 'Apply with SEEK option' will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option. IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation,
environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services
firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private
sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique
firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and
providing expert witness testimony, into a recognized global leader
in engineering failure analysis, origin-and-cause investigations,
environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty
consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and
environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to
expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring
counts -. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire
investigators, architects and scientists was selected for their
technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment
to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and
collective insights empower clients to make better-informed
business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local
expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely
responses that consistently meet our clients' expectations-anytime,
anywhere. - Click here to learn more about EFI Global. - - Seeking
Environmental Field Technician to perform environmental
inspections, air monitoring, building surveys for
asbestos-containing materials, lead paint, mold and other hazards
to gather data and contribute to reports. This hybrid/remote role
requires working in a variety of environments and a combination of
travel (local or regional). -Must live in greater New Orleans or
Baton Rouge area. Will provide training for entry-level candidates!
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: -To provides field services and collaborates
with scientists, Sr. Environmental Field Technicians, and forensic
experts on environmental investigation projects to provide
consulting services to clients regarding environmental health and
safety (EHS) issues in accordance with assignments from clients or
assigned legal counsel.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts microbial, lead, asbestos, and industrial hygiene
inspections and sampling.---------------
- Processes and dispose of samples and evidence in accordance
with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and industry
- Prepares chain of custody forms for analytical testing,
recording survey data in approved forms.
- Documents and maintains billable hours on a time and expense
basis, as applicable, for services rendered for external
- Gathers detailed notes, takes photographs, and documents
temperature, relative humidity, and moisture content
- Promotes and markets utilization of the company's investigative
services by the insurance industry within assigned territory.
- Partners with Sr. Environmental Field Technicians on complex
- Prepares inspection reports based on scientific findings and
scope of work per project.
- Follows industry acceptable methodology for performance of
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients,
colleagues, subcontractors and prospects.
- Assists and observes contractor work on projects and interact
with clients and contractor or subcontractor representatives
accordingly.ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required. QUALIFICATIONSEducation & Licensing
- High school diploma required.
- Preferred Bachelors or Associates degree in Environmental
Science, Industrial Hygiene, Construction Safety or related science
from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred current professional certifications and licensure in
Louisiana, such as Asbestos Inspector or Asbestor Contractor
- Preferred current HAZWOPER or other related environmental
- TWIC -card is a plus!
- Valid driver's license with clean driving history.ExperienceTwo
(2) years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and
education required. - -Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of current industry standards,
regulations, techniques, and equipment for performance of EHS
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies WORK
ENVIRONMENTWhen applicable and appropriate, consideration will be
given to reasonable accommodations.Mental: -Clear and conceptual
thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem
solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related
stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and
ability to meet deadlinesPhysical:
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel,
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds. - -
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.Auditory/Visual:
-Hearing, vision and talking The statements contained in this
document are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description.
They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of
functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the
discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any
time. -Sedgwick -is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free
Keywords: Sedgwick, Baton Rouge , Environmental Field Technician - Scientist, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!