Company: Sanford Federal
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description:Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD)
headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled
Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional
services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information
technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as
business and infrastructure management services.We are among the
most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology
solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to
provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology
solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect
the American people.Job Title: Orthotics TechnicianBased at: Baton
Rouge, LA 70809Experiences:
- Documented experience working with fabrication of orthotics,
insoles, sandals and making shoe modifications.
- Documented experience scanning feet, designing and fabricating
orthotics with the AMFIT system.
- Experience working with individuals affected by Hansen's
disease or an equivalent neuropathic patient.Duties:
- Construct, modify and repair custom molded sandals; and modify
and repair prefabricated sandals. Custom sandal fabrication using
Amfit system, plaster molds/vacuum press, and/or directly moldable
materials and secured with strapping to the foot. Repair sandal
components for prevention of injury.
- Modify commercially available shoes and repair both
commercially available and custom shoes. Footwear modifications and
customization to include rigid rocker modifications, pressure
relief applications, stretching, flares, heel modifications,
- Construct and modify total contact orthoses. Fabricate custom
orthoses using Amfit system; plaster molds/vacuum press and/or
directly moldable materials. Modify orthoses with pressure relief
techniques, metatarsal pads, toe fillers, etc.
- Assist Physical Therapist with fabrication of foot models from
various molding medium and adjust foot models as needed. Create
model of patient foot using digital Amfit system, plaster
techniques or foam box. Modify molds as needed to balance foot or
relieve high-pressure areas.
- Repair and/or adjust belts and prosthetic harnesses.
Prostheses, footwear, and
- lower/upper extremity orthoses have belts, straps and harnesses
that become frayed, torn or broken, requiring occasional repair or
adjustment to function correctly and safely.
- Consult with Physicians, Nurses, Orthopedic Surgeon, Physical
Therapists and Occupational Therapists on patient cases.
- Maintain records of work orders. Complete shoe shop work order
form on every requested order and submit to Clinical Program
- Compile monthly report on number of
orthotics/sandals/monofilaments fabricated, shoes modified and
- Provide maintenance of inventory by tracking materials and
supplies used in the shoe shop using Excel spreadsheet.
- Safely store materials utilized in the shoe shop. All hazardous
materials shall be secured in a locked "Flammable" cabinet in the
storage room of the shoe shop.
- Provide assistance to Occupational & Physical Therapy
departments in maintaining and fabricating a stock of
monofilaments, cut out felt and other frequently used clinical
items and assist in transfer of patients to/from department.Powered
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Baton Rouge , Orthotic Technician, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!