Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification,
testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is
recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With
over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of
more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to
almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put
100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We
encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do
things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your
full potential.Job Description
Our Baton Rouge service center is looking for a Courier to join
their team! This position is responsible for the pickup and
delivery of samples from SGS clients to SGS laboratory for
- Following a pre-defined route, pick up samples from clients for
delivery to SGS labs.
- Establish and maintain good relations with SGS
customers/clients by providing courteous, efficient and
professional pick-up service of samples, and delivery of sampling
supplies in a safe and timely manner.
- Complete log sheet and obtain customer signature for chain of
custody and billing purposes.
- Take the temperatures of the samples upon receipt.
- Maintain company vehicle in good order and in a clean
- Maintain a safe and satisfactory driving record.
- Complete SGS Defensive Driver training courses as
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED (Required)
- Valid driver's license (Required)
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions
in a safe, accurate and timely manner. (Required)
- Map reading, of formal maps, and ability to use GPS.
- Candidates must be personable and able to establish good
relationships with clients (Required)
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Flexible work hours may be required from time to time.
- Ability to travel to other SGS locations or client location.
- Ensures full compliance with the company's Health & Safety,
Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
- Ability to lift/carry/push or pull upwards of 50+ lbs on a
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS, Baton Rouge , Courier, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!