Fleet Probationary Deckhand/Experienced Deckhand - Vacherie, LA; Convent, LA
Company: American Commercial Lines LLC
Posted on: September 22, 2022
NO GED or HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA REQUIRED
Driver's License IS required
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN 50 MILES
OF VACHERIE, LA OR CONVENT, LA.
By applying to this position you understand you must be willing to
work at the following fleet: Vacherie, LA. If you cannot work or do
not live within 50 miles of this location please do not apply to
This position is primarily responsible to prepare barges assigned
to a towboat for safe and timely transport. Performs tasks
associated with building and breaking tow, as well as towboat and
barge maintenance. Performs tasks in all weather conditions both
outside and in the confines of the vessel while navigating the
inland waterway systems. Work is performed on rotating shifts with
the schedule of 14/7 (7 days, 7 nights, 7 off) with a twelve-hour
schedule. In this particular position, you will not live on the
vessel. You will be required to commute to and from the work site
Primary deckhand responsibilities:
* Build and break tow. Tow may attach/detach 5 to 25 barges
depending on river system worked.
* Inspect, correct or notify others of any conditions which affect
safety of people or cargo.
* Handle rigging during tow building, locking and docking
* Assist in loading or unloading materials and supplies to and from
docks, barges and boats.
* Examine cables, wires, and lines to ensure they are fit for use.
Use tools to tighten or loosen same as needed.
* Effectively handle tow wires and cables to secure barges in safe
and environmentally appropriately fashion.
* Perform basic vessel maintenance such as painting, cleaning,
changing oil and filters.
Educational and Job Requirements:
* Adhere to all ACBL policies, USCG and environmental
* Read, understand and implement instructions and warnings
associated with materials required for boat maintenance, cleaning
and upkeep as well as perform duties as assigned in job
* Effectively use all safety equipment as required by ACBL
policies, such as hearing protection, eye protection, gloves,
flashlights, life jackets or work vest and steel-toed boots.
* Valid drivers license and TWIC.
* Ability to perform arduous work in all weather conditions.
* Work 14 / 7 schedule rotating days / nights.
Keywords: American Commercial Lines LLC, Baton Rouge , Fleet Probationary Deckhand/Experienced Deckhand - Vacherie, LA; Convent, LA, Professions , Convent, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!