Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing
Company: AmediSys, inc
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description - Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing (22003840)
Requisition Title Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing Job Number:
22003840 Caregiving is our Calling At Amedisys whether we're caring
for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a
caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of
providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to
thousands of patients and families every day. You'll join a
mission-driven company dedicated to innovation, growth and
supporting our frontline caregivers with the best and most
up-to-date resources available so they can do what they do best. If
you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can
put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day
and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Line of
Business Corporate Schedule Full-time Primary Location United
States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge What you will do: The Senior Director
of Supply Chain is responsible for leading the organization's
procurement function to minimize the organization's overall
purchasing costs without compromising quality or reliability of
supply. This position contributes to the development of the
organization's overall supply and logistics strategy and
establishes purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and
procedures that will achieve these strategic objectives.
Additionally, this position leads the organization's hospice
contracting, transportation, and travel functions. Essential
- Directs and oversees all functions of procurement, hospice
contracting, transportation/fleet, and travel for the company.
- Develops long term vision and annual objectives for the supply
- Identifies and implements best practices with functional areas
of the supply chain organization.
- Conducts external benchmarking within industry and outside
industry on latest best practices and innovation with supply chain
- Maintains senior stakeholder relationships with leadership team
to ensure support of supply chain initiatives and objectives.
- Identifies and drives key cost reduction and efficiency
initiatives for company.
- Ensures core systems and the right infrastructure are in place
to support supply chain objectives and internal custom goals.
- Identifies, evaluates, and capitalizes on opportunities to
reduce purchasing costs by improving the organization's buying
patterns and supply channels.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and manages the cost complex or
strategically important supplier and vendor relationships to secure
terms that are in the organization's best interest. -
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory
mandates including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the
Amedisys Compliance Program.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Holds employees
accountable for the attainment of defined goals and objectives.
Executes effective performance redirection when needed. Develops
employees through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job
training and development opportunities. Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of concepts and services provided by supply chain
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and presentation
- Proficient user of computer applications including all
Microsoft Programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively lead teams and manage change within the
- Demonstrated project management, problem solving and
- Self-confident with good interpersonal skills. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or
- Certification in Supply Chain Management.
- Eight (8+) years of supply chain experience.
- Five (5+) years of management/supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related
field. Working Conditions:
- Limited degree of travel Amedisys is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic. Benefits and More Amedisys cares
for our team members with the same commitment we have to our
patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the
opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
Keywords: AmediSys, inc, Baton Rouge , Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!