Certified Pharmacy Technician- PRN
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 25, 2022
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Assists pharmacists in preparing and
distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance
of records under the supervision of a registered pharmacist for the
age population served, as defined in the department's scope of
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
- Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
- Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
- Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
- Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
- Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
- Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
- Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
- Maintains professional relationships with appropriate
officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair
and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
- Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
- Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty,
sincerity, and fairness.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
- Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving
excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
- Willingly participates in organization and/or department
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
- Effectively manages time and resources
- Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
- Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
- Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates
and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
- Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
- Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and
employee safety standards at all times.
- Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Procures and distributes drug orders per physician request,
pharmacist request or prearranged work assignment according to
established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Fills physician / prescriber orders, medication surgical kits,
medication carts or medication requisitions and specialty
- Identifies and fills replacement medications on emergency crash
carts, OR carts and floor automated medication systems
- Compounds sterile products accurately and in accordance with
- Compounds non-sterile products accurately and in accordance
with USP .
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary
areas accurately and in a timely manner.
- 2. Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies
according to established policies, procedures and protocols and
within specified time frame.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking and storing
pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations.
- Rotates, restocks, and replaces outdated and unusable drugs
according to policy.
- Prepackages medications in unit of use containers for pediatric
and neonatal population in accordance with policy.
- Contributes to the effective operation of the department.
- Picks up orders, requisitions and medications for return from
patient care areas when on delivery rounds.
- Enters medication orders charges, and credits into pharmacy
computer system accurately.
- Professionally answers the telephone, requests at the window,
and makes STAT deliveries to patient care areas when
- Maintains logs, records and other required documentation
accurately; files in appropriate locations.
- Participates in quality improvement activities of the
- Completes all assigned medication storage area inspections in a
- Conducts quality monitors, collects data and completes
documentation as assigned.
- Completes assigned cycle counts in a timely manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains competency required for current job
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records w/ limit to job functions both paper and
electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results,
patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules,
medical records related to quality/data, patient financial
information and 3rd party billing, information related to patient
location, religious beliefs, research information, and/or public
health records, employee prescriptions, investigatory
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, receives meds and/or orders.
Hospital Experience preferred
Pyxis experience preferred
1-year pharmacy tech experience preferred
High school diploma or equivalent required.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Trainee Certification or Pharmacy Technician Certificate from the
Louisiana Board of Pharmacy
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Certified Pharmacy Technician- PRN, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!