Company: HPC Industrial
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Opportunity: HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors,
looking for a LDAR (Leak Detection and Repair) Monitoring
Technician to work at a customer location in in Baton Rouge, LA and
to join their safety conscious team! This team member is
responsible for using an analyzer and electronic data recorder, is
responsible for accurately monitoring components on an assigned
route within an industrial facility. They are also responsible for
calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance of the
analyzer, as well as identify leads and process leak tags. The LDAR
Monitoring Technician serves as representative of HPC-Industrial in
creating a continuous working relationship with
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Industrial and outdoor environmentLOCATION OF
WORK: Baton Rouge, LA PLEASE READ ALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/PHYSICAL
DEMANDS - YOU MAY BE A GREAT FIT!!!! ***GREAT PAY & BENEFITS***
Must be able to pass a thorough DISA background check and drug
screening Candidate must have a TWIC or be willing to obtain one
prior to starting
Why work for HPC-Industrial?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 60 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
- Generous paid time off, company paid training, and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks
without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions;
prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes
- Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer and
electronic data collector.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify
problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external
customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the
customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering
new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action,
considering resources, constraints and company values.
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial
environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a
prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately
monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum
performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations
- Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
- Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer
database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports- must
have basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Physical demands:
- Outdoor, Industrial setting,
- Must be able to climb heights
- Must be ok with confined spaced.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing or equipment. This
includes, but is not limited to Nomex coveralls, a back belt,
slicker suits, rubber boots, a fresh air breathing mask and escape
pack and a hard hat.
- Must be able to work under extreme climate conditions
(excessive high heat index of 95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 98% humidity
and subzero weather conditions) relative to geographic
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, chemical and
environmental, fumes (chemical and fluids), exhaust and highly
pressurized fluids.What does it take to work for HPC-Industrial?
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful,
but not necessary.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of
physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving abilities a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)About
HPC-Industrial:HPC-Industrial, powered by Clean Harbors, is the
premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in
North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility
sectors. HPC-Industrial offers an exceptional three-pronged safety
system, innovative career development platform, committed customer
service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and
automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service,
and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational
experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training
and career development for our employees.HPC-Industrial is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due
to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal,
state/provincial or local protected class.HPC-Industrial is a
Military & Veteran friendly company*HPC*CH
Keywords: HPC Industrial, Baton Rouge , LDAR Technician, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!