Vessel Electronic Technician
Location: Morgan City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Design, develop, and take responsibility for the installation of
ship machinery and related equipment including propulsion machines
and power supply systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system
layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery to draw up work requests
and job specifications.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance
studies to develop designs for products, such as marine engines,
equipment, and structures.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine
apparatus and equipment.
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules,
and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for
compliance with standards.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies to ensure repairs
and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Conduct environmental, operational or performance tests on
marine machinery and equipment.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management,
or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors
and clients to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Degree in technical or engineering field or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years minimum offshore vessel (OSV) experience.
- Merchant Mariner's Document (Z-card).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Word
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Security clearance.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels
and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees,
workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's
offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on
their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus,
including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors.
Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully
vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore
positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore
positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated
prior to their start date.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Baton Rouge , Vessel Electronic Technician, Professions , Morgan City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!