Company: Bilfinger Inc.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Position Summary:Bilfinger is seeking a highly motivated
Estimator with a track record of success within the Gulf Coast
marketplace. - The ideal candidate must be a strong leader with
excellent interpersonal skills and will provide and/or coordinate
full estimating services on complex work for all types of
industrial construction.Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Estimator reports to the Director of Estimating for daily
- Work the entire life-cycle of a bid, from invitation to
proposal submittal to Owner, along with post-submittal
support/clarification when required.
- Ability to interpret Client specifications and perform quantity
takeoffs from bid package drawings as necessary to prepare labor,
material, equipment, and subcontractor costs.
- Attend pre-bid meetings in the field, take detailed notes, and
ask appropriate questions.
- Coordinate estimating activities with a diverse team of
Estimators and Project Leaders to complete estimates and proposals
on multiple projects.
- Prepare proposal packages and contact vendors, suppliers, and
subcontractors via phone, email, and other messaging types for
supporting quotations (as necessary).
- Assist scheduling team with priority organization of activities
for a project.
- Compile estimate input within in-house estimating software
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for
- Prepare proposal and presentation books for submittal to
customers (as required).
- All records (drawings, specs, quotes, and notes/correspondence)
must be well maintained throughout the bid process.
- Be able and willing to travel to project sites to work as part
of the field execution team (as needed).
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's and/or project
management's direction.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-years estimating experience in a lead role for
industrial or commercial proposals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Construction
Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills,
along with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work hands-on and independently, as well as part of
the Estimating Department.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are critical to success.
- Other desirable computer skills are Word, Adobe, Power BI, and
a basic introduction to Primavera scheduling software. -Powered by
Keywords: Bilfinger Inc., Baton Rouge , Estimator, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...