Adjunct Faculty: Commercial Truck Driving
Company: Louisiana Community and Technical College System
Location: Morgan City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Sub department: Corporate College
Campus Location: SLCC All Campuses
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conducts theoretical and technical training classes for commercial vehicles, providing theory, simulation, and practical applications for classes in A and B Commercial Motor Vehicles.
* Uses established training materials to present formal class training exercises and lab work to students.
* Provides training in policy, procedures in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
* Uses established training materials to present training exercises and practice in preparing students to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle.
* Provides hands-on training in advanced applications, training, and testing preparations in vehicle inspection, skill maneuvers, and road driving skills.
* Maintaining office hours for student consultations.
* Preparing and providing course syllabi and instructional materials to students.
* Evaluating and reviewing students' progress in attaining goals and objectives.
* Keeping appropriate records of testing and grading, as per college standards.
* Utilizing technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, communicate with others and facilitate learning.
* Maintaining student discipline through effective classroom management.
* Attaining, maintaining and reviewing program certification requirements, as appropriate.
* Fulfilling professional assignments in accordance with the South Louisiana Community College calendar and contractual obligations.
* Partner with Business and Industry to promote the CDL program.
* Clean MVR for past 7 plus years.
* Minimum of 7 years verifiable driving experience in related fields
Required Licenses or Certifications:
* Current CDL License, Class A.
* High School Diploma
* Associate Degree
* CDL Third Party Tester Certification
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Louisiana Community and Technical College System, Baton Rouge , Adjunct Faculty: Commercial Truck Driving, Professions , Morgan City, Louisiana
here to apply!