Company: Brookfield Renewable
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice safe work habits and follow correct safety policies
and procedures. Immediately act upon incorrect procedures when
witnessed and, if necessary, stop the work or procedure. Report any
infractions to your supervisor. Ensure that company personnel,
contractors and consultants are following company approved safety
policies and procedures, and that company property is
- Practice sound approved environmental principles and follow
correct environmental policies and procedures. Immediately act upon
incorrect procedures when witnessed and, if necessary, stop the
work or procedure. Report any infractions to your supervisor.
Ensure that company personnel, contractors and consultants are
following company approved environmental policies and procedures,
and that company property is protected.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory licenses,
permits, and codes of operation and conduct.
- Identify and repair, as necessary, station hydraulic,
electrical, control and mechanical systems including analytical
- Work with contracted preventive maintenance crews to repair
identified maintenance/operational problems to improve unit
availability and station uptime.
- Be available, as necessary, for after hour "call-ins".
- Monitor and report on equipment quality issues per factory
requirements and specifications from disassembly to
- Perform station and unit operations as required.
- Responsible for communication equipment, field changes for
related files/drawings and documentation to project manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Physical demands include ability to perform work related to the
operations including negotiating work and construction areas,
climbing stairs, using normal vision and peripheral vision, depth
perception, use of hands, fingers, ability to feel objects, tools,
or controls, ability to sit, stand reach, balance, climb, crouch or
crawl, ability to communicate(written and spoken word), ability to
see within normal parameters, ability to hear within normal range,
ability to move about. Employee may be required to lift
Equipment used includes: Telephone, radio, controls equipment,
computer, printer, copier, tools and equipment related to hydro
station operation and maintenance, related safety equipment.
Qualifications & Minimum Experience
- Minimum two years degree in electrical technology, or related
apprenticeship program (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with repair and maintenance of hydro
turbine/generator systems and related equipment is preferred as
follows: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic as well as PLC
programming and troubleshooting skills and ability to perform
related essential functions of the job.
- High voltage transmission training and experience.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and
mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Windows based software including Excel and
- Ability to learn additional proprietary software.
- Experience with related mechanical and electrical OSHA safety
Keywords: Brookfield Renewable, Baton Rouge , Electrician, Professions , Vidalia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...