Operations Support IT Technician I - Baton Rouge, LA - Baton Rouge, LA - Turner Industries Jobs
Company: Turner Industries Group, LLC
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Turner Industries Group is hiring an Operations Support IT
Technician to join our team in the Baton Rouge, LA area.The role of
the Operations Support IT Technician I is to provide technical
assistance to Turner employees in a friendly, reliable, and
dependable manner. This includes but is not limited to processing
incidents and requests from start to completion. The employee will
utilize a combination of internal and external resources with the
sole function of being the main point of contact for these service
- Address users in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
at all times.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming voice and electronic
- Document all information given and received in the service desk
application to track calls, emails, walk-ups and project
- Manage time and assignments efficiently to complete all ongoing
projects, tasks and deliverables.
- Load and configure company standard image on all new and
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory of computers,
peripherals and software including but not limited to keeping
records updated as needed in the help desk system.
- Adhere to all company and operations support policies,
procedures and standards.
- Advise and instruct end users on the necessary activities to
achieve solutions and minimize call back.
- Answer users inquire in person and/or via telephone concerning
computer issues including hardware, software, and network.
- Install hardware and peripheral components including but not
limited to monitors, keyboards, printers, and other misc.
- Call hardware and software vendors to request service regarding
- Participate in on-call rotation as assigned.
- Any other specific duties assigned.Qualification Standards:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED Equivalent plus 2 years of
secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in an IT Support Role.
- Credentials preferred
- Must be a customer service minded professional.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal,
organizational and problem solving skills.
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation and
- Pass the required safety courses and comply with all required
safety guidelines for OSHA, TWIC and site specific standards.
- Maintain a current valid Louisiana Driver's license.
- Meet Operations Support customer service standards.
- Some knowledge of computer and common software applications
such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace; ability to
communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand and
execute oral and written instructions, and organize workload; must
have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to listen, understand
and analyze problems over the phone is preferred but not
necessary.Physical Involvement:Employee may be required to do the
following: reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating
objects and materials; coordinating the movement of eyes, hands and
fingers to operate machines and equipment; lifting 30 to 50 pounds
from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects,
etc.; standing; sitting; walking; seeing with or without
correction; hearing with or without correction.; typing/data
entryMental Involvement:May be required to do the following: follow
set procedures and standards; follow oral/or written directions;
knowledge of federal, state and company standards and regulations;
ability to read and write; ability to recognize and report safety
hazards etc.; applying basic mathematical skills; comparing and
understanding differences in the size, shape and form of lines,
figures and objects; ability to communicate with others
effectively; ability to work in a team and get along with others;
ability to learn new tasks; remember processes, maintain focus, and
complete tasks; ability to remain calm under pressure; manage time
and expectations across multiple projects; ensure that work is done
in a consistent manner and in compliance with directionsWork
- Location: office environment and/or industrial construction
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site: uneven ground level;
obstructed pathways; stairs
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site: predominantly
indoor climate; may be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather,
excessive humidity, rain, etc.; various noise levels caused by
tools, machinery, equipment, etc.Turner Industries is an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability
and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing
law.SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY
FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF
VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY
OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF
YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE
AT BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST
Keywords: Turner Industries Group, LLC, Baton Rouge , Operations Support IT Technician I - Baton Rouge, LA - Baton Rouge, LA - Turner Industries Jobs, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!