Account Analyst - Baton Rouge, LA
Company: Bureau Veritas
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 15, 2019
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities
with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to
play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy
working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity
to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to
apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status,
sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any
other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in
employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis
of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,
training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing specific
customer's job nominations and/or assignments through a particular
branch or branches. Additionally, to be the single point of contact
for that customer for business related to that particular
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- On receipt of a request for services, regardless of how
- Record the details of the nomination on a job order or
- Enter each job into a record kept for the purpose, and to
record a unique identifier.
- To review client instructions and identify potential problems
regarding operations, conflict of interest, ethics or compliance
and to alert relevant parties in order to seek solutions.
- Act as decision maker on any issues involving that specific
customers' job nominations or job assignments in that particular
- Be familiar with the nominating company's Inspectorate
agreement, to communicate with the client to obtain detailed
instructions and to verify the client's needs, and to coordinate
further communications between the client and Inspectorate
personnel who will be handling the work.
- To be the local contact in interpreting any issues involving
administration of the contract. Communicate any contractual issues
with the Corporate Contract Administrator in Houston
- Maintain Communication Flow involving job assignments related
to the responsible parties to allow them organization of requested
services, to relay available information supplied of the hazards
and other properties of the products dealt with, and to communicate
among all parties to resolve problems in a responsive
- Act as single point of contact for designated clients for all
- Collect the information provided by Inspectors; communicate
with the laboratory regarding analysis performed, and to assemble a
final report ready for publishing.
- As part of the overall account management, to maintain good
records on closed jobs for purposes of billing, volume
reconciliation, claims handling, etc.
- Maintain a geographic awareness of Inspectorate services,
locations and capabilities.
- Has the authority to access at any time the necessary personnel
and services to complete the assignment for the customer.
- Coordinate with corporate business development in an overall
marketing plan for that particular customer to make onsite visits
at the customer location and be a positive representative of the
branch and of the Company.
- Perform the functions of an Operations Supervisor on a very
limited basis when absolutely necessary. Not to exceed more than
20% of their work time.
- Carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may
be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to
the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and
Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision
and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and
diplomacy in so doing.
- Any other miscellaneous duties assigned by Supervisor.
The Account Analyst typically has no direct line personnel
authority in the usual sense of the organizational chart, but
generally will supervise the personnel working the jobs.
Additionally, may have direct/indirect supervisory responsibility
for administrative personnel involving reports to the customer for
which the Account Analyst is responsible for the management of that
account. They can expect to be given full cooperation and
assistance by all operations and laboratory staff in the completion
of any given job.
The Account Analyst will be called upon to perform annual
performance appraisals depending on level of supervisory
- The Account Analyst requires a sound knowledge of petroleum and
chemical inspection procedures.
- An understanding of the business requirements of the client,
relative to the purpose of the services provided, is
- A full understanding of the Fair Trading Code, Company
Compliance and Zero Tolerance policies is required.
- The Account Analyst needs knowledge of the testing of those
commodities which are at the core of the business, and of the
significance of quality test data.
- The Account Analyst must be able and willing to
- The ability to retain a calm demeanor while under pressure from
operational circumstances or demands of the client is
- Necessary attributes are a positive attitude and ability for
working and communicating with persons of diverse cultural
backgrounds and sensitivities.
- The Account Analyst should have two years of experience in an
inspection company, and knowledge of basic contract requirements.
Have the ability to analyze the information available in a
situation involving their assigned customer base and make accurate
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- And one to three years related experience and/or
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to do basic mathematic calculations related to
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver's license is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The employee
frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
Americans with Disability Act: In compliance with the ADA
Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would to
request an accommodation in order to apply for a current open
position with Inspectorate America Corporation, please email us at
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to
assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment
opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and
application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with
your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist
you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next
great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas'
federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity,
please click the link below:
Keywords: Bureau Veritas, Baton Rouge , Account Analyst - Baton Rouge, LA, Professions , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!