Customer Service Representative (Inside Sales)
Company: Summit Electric Supply
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current
with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over
40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can
count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you
need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to
excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply
Do you possesses these important qualities- an unwavering
commitment to customer service, an unstoppable drive to exceed
expectations, and a relentless pursuit of excellence in your
current role and preparation for future opportunities and
advancement? Then Summit Electric Supply has a great opportunity
for you to launch your career in an atmosphere that supports growth
and development in a dynamic and reliable industry!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is primarily responsible
for assisting Summit's customers over the phone, internet, email or
in person and works closely with the Service Center sales staff to
ensure a high level of customer service. Summit offers ongoing
training and education opportunities as well as competitive
benefits and salary packages.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be expected
- Thoroughly understand all product capabilities, features and
benefits as well as Summit's market conditions, product warranties
- Assist customers over the phone, internet, email or in person
with orders, quotations and product questions.
- Negotiate profitable pricing with both customers and
- Proactively follow up on customer orders, challenges and
- Resolve customer concerns and issues as efficiently and
effectively as possible.
- Assist counter and warehouse associates as needed.
Summit will help you achieve your goals by:
Providing all of the tools and incentives necessary to take control
of your career including:
- Rigorous on the job and online training programs that prepare
you for a career in our industry
- Result-driven and customer-oriented team and work
- Opportunity for advancement
- Monthly profit-sharing
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid
vacation, and more!
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- High level of technical aptitude.
- One or more year(s) of experience in counter sales at an
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Bid
Manager and similar programs
- Strong customer service orientation - both external and
- Exceptional follow up skills.
- A strong attention to detail and be well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and
- Time management - ability to organize and manage multiple
priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility - ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete complex tasks with
little supervision or guidance.
- Proven "do whatever it takes" attitude
- Unwavering commitment to Summit's values and mission.
- High school diploma or GED.
Beneficial Skills and Experience to be successful:
- College degree in a business discipline strongly
- Previous experience in the electrical industry.
- Industrial / Refinery experience or education strongly
- Previous successful experience in SAP preferred
- Completion of Bronze, Silver, or Gold of the National
Association of Electrical Distributors' Education Program
- Knowledge of ERP systems, BI reporting tools, Bid Manager,
AutoCAD, and other office software.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Basic Understanding of One-Line and Ladder diagrams.
- Majority of job (85%+) will be done in an office environment,
during regular hours of operation.
- Consistent sitting for hours at a time.
- Consistent use of keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to lift 5+ pounds on a regular and consistent
- Ability to climb stairs on occasion.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Click here to
submit your information to our recruiting team.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
diversity and inclusivity in all stages of employment including
recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and
training. We assess candidates based on skill, experience, and
alignment with Summit's mission and vision, regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, pregnancy, age and veteran or
Keywords: Summit Electric Supply, Baton Rouge , Customer Service Representative (Inside Sales), Sales , Gonzales, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!