Inside Sales Representative
Company: Crane Co.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Inside Sales Representative serves as a direct customer contact
for order processing and is the primary liaison between Crane
ChemPharma customers, distributors, subsidiaries and field sales
force for fulfilling customer requirements. The Inside Sales
Representative is responsible for meeting performance objectives
with the ultimate goal of delivering world class customer service
to all internal and external customers.
Principle Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
* Coordinates all aspects of customer service for customers
including delivery checks, technical inquiries, expediting, order
maintenance, documentation pricing, shipment details, etc.
* Processes customer orders in a timely and accurate manner
including clarification and order entry.
* Reviews and validates quoted delivery prior to order entry in
conjunction with QAD, buyers and planers, and prepares written
response to customer if delivery situation has changed.
* Initiates and plans technical review meetings prior to order
processing, when necessary for clarification and communication of
special order requirements.
* Expedites orders and provides order status information to all
* Proactively advising customers of re-schedules or delays
affecting promised ship date.
* Investigates alternative sources for supply of material,
alternate solutions to meet customer's delivery expectations.
* Provides project progress reports, when required.
* Provides open order reports to customer with current weekly
* Implements all change orders, order cancellations and maintains
existing sales orders and acknowledges processing of order changes
* Investigates customer requests for returned goods and verifies
consistency with established policy. Processes the Returned Goods
Authorization for departmental approval.
* Investigates and verifies accuracy of all debit and credit
adjustments to customer accounts.
* Prepares and submits quotations which include quote tracking and
necessary follow-up to finalize sales.
* Coordinates source inspection visits with Q.A. department, when
required by customer.
* Advises/suggests best product application to meet customer
* Ensures compliance to United States Government Export Laws.
* Supports field sales and regional services centers.
* Participates actively in the Crane Business System processes
including Kaizen team involvement, problem solving, and
recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of
departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
* Performs other duties as required.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
* Highly skilled in verbal and written communication
* Outstanding organizational skills
* Strong work ethic
* Ability to prioritize tasks while being flexible to the dynamic
needs and changes of management and customers
* Highly proficient computer skills including e-mail (MS Outlook),
MS Word, Excel
* Multilingual language skills are a plus
* Associates' degree with a degree in business-related field, or
equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree is a plus.
* Minimum 1 years of experience in a customer service position in a
related industry. Export experience a plus.
Keywords: Crane Co., Baton Rouge , Inside Sales Representative, Sales , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!