Area Client Service Representative
Company: CIOX Health
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: April 16, 2019
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
This position is responsible for processing all release of
information requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring
accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product
and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and
protect the patient s right to privacy by ensuring that only
authorized individuals have access to the patient s medical
information and that all releases of information are in compliance
with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA
regulations. This position will require travel to various client
sites during the course of the day.
* Completes release of information requests including retrieving
patient s medical chart and returning chart, scanning medical
record accurately and correctly and transmitting daily, according
to requests, established procedures, and established standards of
quality and productivity.
* Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to
* Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical
information according to established procedures.
* Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the
release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
* Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and
out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the
Help Desk department.
* Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and
respectful; insures understanding of customer request and
follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying
client concerns, or problems.
* May receive incoming requests including opening mail, assisting
walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile
inquiries, depending on the needs to the client.
* Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and
observes the dress code established.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and
files are properly stored before leaving area, insures adequate
supplies to meet customer requests.
* Maintains working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee
* Complete and send in SWAR weekly activity reports at the end of
each payroll cutoff
* Notify Manager if unable to adhere to daily schedule
* Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts
assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or
help out during backlogs
* Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Company and
client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal
regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
* Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with
all Company and medical records information including during
transport, storage and disposal.
* Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while
releasing medical records in an efficient, effective, and accurate
* Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to the
requirement to work at facilities in close proximity to your
principal place of business as directed by the Manager when
business needs dictate.
* A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English
* Must have valid driver s license
* Prior experience in a medical office or medical records
* Must have strong computer software experience general working
knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
* Must be willing to travel to various client sites throughout the
* Excellent organizational skills a must
* Must be able to type 50 wpm
* Must be able to use fax, copier, microfilm machine
* Must be willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly
* Must be self-motivated, a team player
* Must have proven customer satisfaction skills
* Must be able to multi-task
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and
applicants for employment without regard to as race, color,
national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability,
citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any
other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal
employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits,
leaves of absence, and training.
Keywords: CIOX Health, Baton Rouge , Area Client Service Representative, Sales , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!