Interventional Sales Representative- Southern Louisiana
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Expected Travel: Up to 50%
REQUISITION ID: 937
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical
technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people s
lives. We apply purpose driven innovation a relentless pursuit of
identifying unmet clinical needs to benefit patients and healthcare
providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields
of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology,
surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology,
urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex
employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do
every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex
offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and
treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a
strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral
interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic
treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products
include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our
GuideLiner and Turnpike Catheters, AC3 Optimus Intra-Aortic Balloon
Pump and OnControl Powered Bone Access System. With a strong
R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional
business unit is poised to continue the development of new
technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come.
Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an
array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in
The Sales Representative is responsible for the promotion and sales
of designated products in such a manner as to increase sales in
their given territory. The position is responsible for the growth
of overall product utilization within their accounts; including,
but not limited to, selling the designated products to new and
existing customers, generating new business, cold calling,
presenting and demonstrating our products, being able to provide a
level of customer education/customer service to create total
customer satisfaction. Acts as a highly competent resource to those
involved in interventional cardiac, radiology and oncology
procedures and facilitates improved patient care while increasing
value to medical professional as well as to Teleflex
* Implement sales plan and achieve sales goals and objectives set
for the geographic territory. Maintain existing customers and
prospect and gain new business.
* Facilitate sales growth by conducing physicians, nurses, and
technologist training and account in-servicing of dialysis access
* Provide product technical support to customers in an OR and
Interventional suite environment.
* Participate in troubleshooting support programs.
* Educate customers on products, procedures, and industry trends
through use of city wide education programs and local hospital
* Develop and maintain an in-depth profile of each account to
include customer preferences, competitive products and field
intelligence, market activity, important contact/decision makers,
customer feedback, and attendees in-serviced. Planning effectively
to maximize time in the field.
* Conduct strategic territory management and analysis.
* Develop key opinion leaders.
* Account for all territory expenses and materials.
* Review current literature for new developments within the
healthcare field and sales field including competitive
* Assist with the coordination of national convention to ensure
proper setup, booth coverage, and breakdown of exhibit, as
* Be an active corporate member of professional societies (e.g.
ANNA, NKF, AVIR, ESRD, etc). Develop multi-level relationships
within key accounts.
* Attend Local, Regional, and/or National Scientific Tradeshows and
professional meetings to promote products and in-service
* Maintain knowledge of company products and competitive offerings
utilizing the technology tools that are available.
* Perform other duties requested by management.
* Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex s Code of Ethics,
all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor Degree required. MBA a plus.
* 1-3 years experience working in medical device sales, with proven
* Self directed, able to work independently and ability to handle
multiple projects concurrently & function in a fast paced, high
* Strong problem solving/analytical skills and effective
* Excellent organizational skills, strong communicative, problem
solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
* Proficiency with computer technology and Microsoft Office tools,
including Iphone and Ipad platforms.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* 3 -5 years medical experience preferably working in a
interventional cardiology or radiology setting.
* Strong clinical skills are a plus.
* Ability to deliver complex and technical subject matter to
clinicians in a hospital or clinical setting.
* Ability to handle difficult conversations/situations.
* Possess excellent communication, customer service, and
* Ability to travel 50% of time, many times with short notice.
* Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs.
* Lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
* Be standing or walking in numerous hospitals or at meetings for 6
10 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week.
* Interact with others through effective, verbal and written
* Strong interpersonal skills while discussing products and
procedures with customers.
* Ability to communicate and/or interact with different specialties
within a hospital.
* Meets all vendor credentialing requirements
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity
employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to
age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require
accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at:
Teleflex is the home of Arrow , Deknatel , Hudson RCI , LMA ,
Pilling , R sch , UroLift and Weck trusted brands united by a
common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow,
Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, R sch, UroLift and Weck are
trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its
affiliates, in the U.S. and/
Keywords: Teleflex, Baton Rouge , Interventional Sales Representative- Southern Louisiana, Sales , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!