Sales Representative, Protective and Marine Coatings
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: August 14, 2019
PPG is currently in search of a Sales Representative, Protective
Marine Coatings (PMC) to join our Protective and Marine Coatings
business in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
PPG is a world leader in protective and marine coatings, developing
products that protect customers' assets in some of the world's most
demanding conditions and environments, including: Civil
infrastructure, Offshore, Petrochemical, Power, Marine new-build,
dry dock & sea stock. https://www.ppgpmc.com/Home.aspx
If you would enjoy the challenge of maintaining relationships with
current customers while also opening and selling to new accounts,
being responsible for your own territory, and developing strategic
sales territory business plans, than we are interested in hearing
from you! The Sales Representative, Protective Marine Coatings
(PMC), will be responsible for the following;
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve a specified sales and net contribution within the
market by selling PPG Coatings Products across all major segments
and distribution channels with a focus in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Open and service new and current customer accounts assigned to
a specified territory.
- Respond to customer needs concerning product recommendations,
application and performance.
- Analyze territory performance reports and develop strategic
sales territory business plans.
- Maintain a good understanding of the market, customers,
competition and developments within a specialized segment in order
to leverage sales opportunities.
- Work with PPG credit department to manage customer debt.
This role requires a valid Driver's License and a maintained motor
vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG.
Must be willing & available to work and travel within assigned
territory. Periodic evening hours required for trade organization
meetings and customer events.
- Minimum of 3 years previous sales experience.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- 3 years previous sales experience, preferably in Protective
- Advanced Degree in a business-related field is preferred.
- Great follow up skills in order to respond to customers in a
- Ability to work well with diverse customers.
- Ability to problem-solve - deal with customer complaints in a
timely manner and identify appropriate solutions.
- Must be able to speak persuasively using appropriate
interpersonal styles to gain agreement.
- Ability to calculate discounts and profit associated with
selling price; to calculate commissions associated with territory
performance; to take measurements and calculate surface area
associated with making product volume estimates.
- Ability to read and understand product data sheets, material
safety data sheets, scientific and technical journals, financial
reports and legal documents.
- Ability to analyze territory performance reports.
- Ability to analyze problems, collect data, establish facts,
draw valid conclusions and write technical reports to communicate
PPG: We protect and beautify the world. At PPG, we work every day
to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our
customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication
and creativity, we solve our customers' biggest challenges,
collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With
headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70
countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products,
industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn
more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day,
and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an
impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support
you need to identify and achieve your boldest career
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to
world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest
colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our
global customers, but help theme propel their industries
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone's ideas and
contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world. PPG
prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such,
candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully
pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an
environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees,
creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the
ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally
protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may
request a copy of PPG's affirmative action plan by emailing
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached
Keywords: PPG, Baton Rouge , Sales Representative, Protective and Marine Coatings, Sales , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!