Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: August 14, 2019
ResponsibilitiesEvery day, in nearly 100 countries around the
world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display
systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide
vital travel information in airports and train stations and along
highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more
as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators'
experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to
the major leagues.
High School Park and Recreation is recruiting for a Sales
Representative to cover Louisiana, Mississippi, southern Alabama
and western Florida.
Preferred location is Baton Rouge or New Orleans, Louisiana or
Biloxi, Mississippi. Work with Regional Manager to develop and
successfully execute a plan for selling products and services at
acceptable order volume with acceptable profit margin for on
premise communication and scoring needs to schools at the
secondary, middle and elementary level, to park and recreation
facilities and to junior and community colleges.
- Will generate larger orders through financing options such as
Daktronics Sports Marketing.
- Will create business through consultative selling by showing
customers that they need our products.
- Will be the Daktronics expert consultant with an in depth
understanding of Daktronics products capabilities, features,
functions and operation to best meet the customer's needs. Key
product knowledge will include electronic scoreboards, scoring
systems, electronic message centers, numeric digit displays, video
displays, All Sport and Venus control systems and sound
- Continuously learn about Daktronics products by participating
in internal product and sales training, and reviewing sales
literature.Will conduct demonstration of Daktronics products at
site visits, trade shows and meetings. Proactively follow up on new
leads and customers. Promptly follow up on marketing campaign or
trade show leads. Qualify leads to determine project viability.Will
be responsible for maintaining the positive relationships with
Louisiana bottlers to influence purchasing decisions for
scoreboards and message centers.Will develop an effective sales
activity pipeline of sufficient cold calls, referrals, lead
qualification, sustainable relationships, and product replacement
opportunities.Become knowledgeable and follow Daktronics policies,
processes and procedures.
- Work effectively as a team member. Work with limited daily
- Will assist having Daktronics products qualified or specified
in proposal requests, purchasing cooperatives or consultant
- Will promote Daktronics name, products and services to schools,
facilities, colleges, architects, consultants, contractors and sign
- Will either contact or coordinate with local reseller in
Hattiesburg, Mississippi to contact schools, facilities,
junior/community colleges through in person visits and electronic
correspondence. Will manage the reseller relationship to
effectively meet the Daktronics expectations.
- Bachelor's degree - Sports Management/Marketing
- Prefer two years direct selling experience or education
- Expert knowledge of Daktronics Sport product line, Daktronics
Sports Marketing and demonstrated ability to learn technical
- Communication skills including good verbal and written skills,
ability to develop and present winning presentations of Daktronics
products and services and negotiate contracts favorable to
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience selling product values and features. Must
demonstrate ability to successfully negotiate price without being
the lowest price supplier.
- Understand basics of proposal & sales agreement language to
negotiate/finalize agreements in conjunction with Daktronics Legal
- Motivated and a team player. Initiative to solve problems and
seek improvement. Goal oriented with proven leadership
- Work schedule may include evenings and weekends for
presentations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Must be able to meet and
maintain Daktronics Qualified Driver status. Motor vehicle records
will be checked. Travel is about 10-20% of time with average of 2-3
days per trip, range of 1-5 days.
- Prefer ability to work from a home office setup when not
- Physically able to connect demo trailer to vehicle.
- Computer skills to best utilize Sales Force, Microsoft Office,
web navigation and internal electronic systems.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas
for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability,
genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like
more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click
Keywords: Daktronics, Baton Rouge , Sales Representative, Sales , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!