Security Sales Consultant (Sign -On Bonus Eligible)
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: October 12, 2019
1Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest,
fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies? If so, you have come
to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is an $11B Fortune 500
company that offers a rich and storied history dating back to
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a
global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent
Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic
security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video
surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With
today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies,
STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system
provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and
national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers,
financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly
expanding industry. There s never been a better time to join our
security sales team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven
individual looking for a long term position as a Security Sales
Consultant for our Security Business.
This position is responsible for proactively identifying, promoting
and selling electronic security systems in various facilities.
Duties and responsibilities
* Identify and qualify customer needs, develop sales strategies and
negotiate and close profitable projects with end users.
* Develop and maintain an active lead generation plan within the
assigned territory through the use of referrals, contact with local
builders, cold calling, and direct mailing.
* Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support
achieving the designate sales plan.
* Provide timely and effective sales presentations to prospective
* Conduct job surveys, specify the type of system required, provide
a cost proposal and layout to be used for a basis for the
* Assume account management responsibility including the provision
and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training,
etc.) to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
* Exhibit a thorough knowledge of all pricing procedures and
strategies to ensure that contract estimates are accurate and will
deliver the expected return.
* Accompany the Installation department to the initial job start to
ensure the customer requirements are confirmed and are
* Develop a personal business plan to meet sales objectives and
goals in assigned territory.
* Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals/booking
packets, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for
successful closing of the sale.
* Responsible for planning, forecasting and monitoring all
subcontracting costs and negotiating subcontract agreements as
* Operate within the general policies and procedures of local
branch and Corporate, guided by generally accepted alarm industry
practices, local ordinances, and U.L. requirements.
* Maintain customer relationship management system
* Maintain updated application knowledge of all product offerings
and systems and has the ability to communicate and sell these
systems to customers.
* Other duties as assigned.
* HS Diploma
* 2+ years min. B2B (Business to Business) Sales experience
* Valid state driver s license without restrictions
* Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed; some travel
may be required
* Bachelor s degree in business, mechanical or electrical
* Commercial Sales experience within the Security industry (access
control, fire, burglar, intrusion etc.)
* Understanding of pricing, lead generation and time management,
cold calls, head hunter mentality etc.
This position requires travel within a territory up to 80% of the
week. The job incumbent must be able to sit in a vehicle for
extended periods of time while traveling as well as sit at a desk
while doing computer work in an office/home environment.
Requirements include the ability to drive, sit, stand walk a
majority of the time.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status,
age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Baton Rouge , Security Sales Consultant (Sign -On Bonus Eligible), Sales , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!