Principal Pool for the 2020-2021 School Year
Company: East Baton Rouge Parish School System
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Principal Pool for the 2020-2021 School Year JobID: 6439
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Process for Applying:
2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year)
Copy of Certification or Proof of Credentials
The Principal is responsible for the effective management of
programs, personnel, materials, and facilities in order to develop
an optimum learning climate for the unique needs of a particular
school site. He/she shall direct the operation of the school in
accordance with policies established by the Board of Elementary and
Secondary Education of the State of Louisiana, the State Department
of Education, and the Board of Education of East Baton Rouge
Parish. He/she has the primary responsibility to provide an
educational program which is responsive to student needs; while at
the same time, addresses the goals and objectives of the district
and the school. The Principal shall plan, implement, monitor, and
evaluate functions of the overall management and leadership of the
school. He/she shall be responsible for the school's operation
within the financial limitations of the district and site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively with the school community to develop and
maintain a shared school vision.
- Brings the school vision to life by using it to guide
decision-making about students and the instructional program.
- Maintains faculty focus on developing learning experiences that
will enable students to prosper in subsequent grades and as
- Maintains open communication with the school community and
effectively conveys high expectations for student learning to the
- Provides opportunities and support for collaboration, the
exchange of ideas, experimentation with innovative teaching
strategies, and ongoing school improvement.
- Monitors, assesses, and revises the school vision and goals as
- Fosters the integration of students into mainstream society
while valuing diversity.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Recognizes, models, and promotes effective teaching strategies
that enable students to apply what they learn to real world
- Encourages and supports the use of both innovative,
research-based teaching strategies to engage students actively in
solving complex problems and methods of student assessment which
will enhance learning for all students.
- Conducts frequent classroom visits and periodic observations,
provides constructive feedback to faculty and staff, and suggests
models of effective teaching techniques when needed.
- Fosters a caring, growth-oriented environment for faculty and
students, one in which high expectations and high standards for
student achievement are emphasized.
- Promotes collaboration and team building among faculty. SCHOOL
- Maintains a safe, secure, clean, and aesthetically pleasing
physical school plant.
- Establishes and/or implements laws, policies, regulations, and
procedures that promote effective school operations.
- Maintains a positive school environment where proper student
discipline is the norm.
- Manages fiscal resources responsibly, efficiently, and
effectively and monitors whether others do so as well.
- Manages human resources responsibly by selecting and inducting
new personnel appropriately
- Assigning and evaluating all staff effectively and taking other
appropriate steps to build an effective school staff
- Monitors support services such as transportation, food, health,
and extended care responsibly.
- Provides and coordinates appropriate co-curricular and
- Uses shared decision making effectively in the management of
- Manages time and delegates appropriate administrative tasks to
maximize attainment of school goals.
- Uses available technology to manage school operations.
- Monitors and evaluates school operations and uses feedback
appropriately to enhance effectiveness.
- Provides ongoing opportunities for staff to reflect on their
roles and practices in light of student standards and school
- Grows professionally by engaging in professional development
activities and making such activities available to others.
- Facilitates school-based research and uses these and other
research findings to plan school improvement initiatives, pace the
implementation of these changes, and evaluate their impact on
teaching and learning.
- Fosters the genuine continuous involvement and commitment of
the school community in promoting the progress of all students
toward attaining high standards.
- Enhances school effectiveness by appropriately integrating the
processes of teacher selection/evaluation and professional
development with school improvement.
- Communicates a focused vision for both school and individual
- Uses research and data from multiple sources to design and
implement professional development activities.
- Secures the necessary resources for meaningful professional
growth, including the time for planning and the use of emerging
- Provides opportunities for individual and collaborative
- Provides incentives for learning and growth and encourages
participation in professional development activities at the
national, state, and parish levels.
- Assesses the overall impact of professional development
activities on the improvement of teaching and student learning.
SCHOOL COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Is visible and involved in the community and treats members of
the school community equitably.
- Involves the school in the community while keeping the school
- Uses school-community resources to enhance the quality of
school programs, including those resources available through
business and industry.
- Recognizes and celebrates school successes publicly.
- Communicates effectively, both interpersonally and through the
- Models ethical behavior at both the school and community
- Communicates to others expectations of ethical behavior.
- Respects the rights and dignity of others.
- Provides accurate information without distortion and without
violating the rights of others.
- Develops a caring school environment in collaboration with
faculty and staff.
- Applies laws, policies, regulations, and procedures fairly,
consistently, wisely, and compassionately.
- Minimizes bias in self and others and accepts responsibility
for his or her own decisions and actions.
- Addresses unethical behavior in self and others.
- Supervises all personnel assigned to the school.
- Maintains a visible and accessible presence in the school.
- Protects instructional time when scheduling events and
- Ensures that school facilities are conducive to a positive
- Assumes responsibility for all physical properties assigned to
- Plans, prepares, and distributes student and faculty
- Cooperates with community agencies whose purpose relates to the
health, safety, and welfare of students.
- Assumes responsibility for graduation and/or closing of school
Qualifications: The applicant will meet the legal requirements for
principals in Louisiana and possess a Master's and/or Advanced
Degree in educational administration or possess the required
endorsements of Louisiana Department of Education (LDE) to lead a
school. The applicant will perform administrative tasks which
promotes an exemplary educational program.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities
(including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not
discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin,
disability or gender in its educational programs and activities
(including employment and application for employment), and it is
prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX
(20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC
794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis
(ADavis6@ebrschools.org ), Director of Risk Management - phone
(225)929-8705 ; and the Director of Exceptional Student Services is
Elizabeth Taylor Chapman (ETaylor@ebrschools.org ) - phone
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 4/3/2020 5:50:22 PM CST. Powered by
applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.
Keywords: East Baton Rouge Parish School System, Baton Rouge , Principal Pool for the 2020-2021 School Year, Education / Teaching , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!