Specialist II - HSE (Security Coordinator)
Company: Westlake Chemical
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Specialist II - HSE (Security Coordinator)
This position is a company resource for emergency response /
security issues and is responsible for coordinating the Plaquemine
emergency response activities, training the Emergency Response
Teams, Incident Commanders, Off Site Emergency Responders and
Emergency Operations Center Staff. Reviews plans for expansion and
new projects, testing and maintenance on all fixed and portable
fire protection systems, and mobile apparatus; trained and
participate on RCA investigation teams, and conducting employee
fire and emergency training. Establish working relationships with
federal, state, and local agencies to assess and maintain security
at the Plaquemine site.
This position is a first call for any off site HazMat responses.
Requires a working knowledge of applicable regulations and staying
current at Off Site HazMat Specialist A and Off Site Incident
Commander certifications. This position also requires interfacing
with media as well as all federal, state, and local agencies to
protect and promote company integrity within the communities that
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Demonstrates strong safety culture through personal behavior and
commitment to environmental, health & safety.
* Participates in the PACE culture of safety.
* Support the site with OSHA VPP Challenge
- Emergency Response Organization Training
- Evaluate present state of readiness for Emergency Response
Organization and make recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate training programs. Develop lesson plans and
- Develop response leaders within the ranks of the response teams
and maintain a high level of morale and professionalism.
- Develop preplans, drill, critique, and improve as
- Fixed and portable Fire Protection Equipment
- Coordinate testing of fixed fire water systems. Participate in
the testing and perform a close out with each plant operations and
maintenance department to explain any deficiencies found. Make
recommendations for improvements
- Review plans for new projects to assure that adequate means of
suppression is included in the project.
- Follow up on repairs to all emergency response
- Corporate Security
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the various
agencies; Homeland Security, FBI, LSP, FEMA, ACC, EPA, LCA, local
law, fire, and emergency response. Also to work with other plants
in the area to promote a mutual aid system.
- Work with ACC and other industry groups to evaluate present
security for all company locations and to improve processes so that
all locations have heightened security capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma required, College preferred
- Minimum of 10 years plant emergency response supervision
- Strong, proven facilitation, interpersonal and computer skills,
with a good working knowledge of related databases and
applications, and excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit, stand, walk and climb; use hands to touch, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee
is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and
infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. The employee must frequently make minor
decisions requiring limited judgement, general decisions in the
absence of specific directions, and perform activities requiring
The noise level in the work environment is sometimes moderate when
working in an office, however, some of the work may be required in
the operating units which mandates usage of required PPE including
safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in
exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs.
Travel may be required occasionally.
Keywords: Westlake Chemical, Baton Rouge , Specialist II - HSE (Security Coordinator), Other , Plaquemine, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!